CCS - SP009
Monitoring CO2 Storage
The course will consider the range of potential leakage mechanisms that need to be assessed. It will include a detailed consideration of the monitoring strategies available to assure the safety and integrity of the CO2 storage site.
- Understand the key issues relating to the monitoring of CO2 storage sites.
- Appreciate the causes of leakage and how they may be monitored.
- Understand the principles of risk assessment in CCS projects.
- CO2 risk of leakage from CCS sites and borehole issues.
- CO2 leakage associated with geomechanical issues.
- Monitoring and risk assessment of CCS projects.
Courses covering an Introduction to CCS and the Geological Storage of CO2 are prerequisites for this course.