D997 Applied Reservoir Engineering
D997 Applied Reservoir Engineering
Business Impact: Participants will develop the skills to add value by accurately assessing recoverable volumes, enhancing hydrocarbon recovery, and developing more robust reservoir simulation models.
This course aims to provide the practicing reservoir engineer with a range of analysis techniques and tools relevant to contemporary field development trends. Fundamental concepts will be discussed to ensure a solid foundation for understanding the applicability and limitations of the techniques presented. The learning will be supported and reinforced by examples and exercises throughout the course.
A virtual classroom course divided into 10 three-hour webinar sessions over a two-week period (equivalent to a five-day classroom course), comprising lectures, discussion, case studies, and practical exercises to be completed by participants during and between sessions. Problems will focus on understanding the concepts and may require the use of a scientific calculator or laptop computer, but no specialized engineering software applications will be used.
Participants will learn to:
The course is designed to provide practicing mid- to senior-level engineers with a fuller understanding of the basis and applicability of their engineering work and to introduce additional approaches to their reservoir analyses. Manages and team leaders could also benefit from exposure to applied reservoir engineering topics.
A basic understanding of engineering and physical principles is assumed. Some working experience in general reservoir engineering is recommended.
Related Nautilus Training Alliance courses include N484 (Reservoir Management for Unconventional Oil and Gas Resources), N986 (Reservoir and Production Engineering of Resource Plays), N406 (Unconventional Resource Assessment and Valuation), and N957 (Forecasting Production and Estimating Reserves in Unconventional Reservoirs).
Jerry Hadwin has over 30 years of upstream experience, and able to operate at all levels both technically and commercially. He enjoys new challenges, providing innovative solutions to complex problems and enabling optimum business decisions. Jerry has worked in a number of locations world-wide, with core expertise in reservoir engineering, in a variety of roles and projects; exploration prospect evaluation, field development planning and management, corporate business planning and drilling operations, as well as business management. He has completed many petroleum engineering projects throughout his career, from reservoir modelling through to reserves audit for a range of companies internationally, and has led many PE study teams to successful conclusions. Jerry also conducted reservoir engineering and commercial training for both national and international oil company staff.
• Reservoir Engineering support for Petrochina on the Ahdeb Field in Southern Iraq
• Director of India Projects – Marketing and development of opportunities in India
• Economic Evaluation of reserves for Hibernia Field for CHHC
• Reservoir Engineering, Economics and Reserves Evaluation for Mnazi Bay Gas Field, Tanzania for Maurel et Prom
• Review of production forecasting for Korean company asset in northern British Columbia
• Evaluation of sale proposal for waterflood asset in Western Canada for potential buyer.
• Acid Gas Disposal regulatory approval submission for Paramount
• Petroleum Engineering support for Mexican bidding round for small independent
• Development and delivery of Reservoir Engineering and Reserves Evaluation Training Courses
• Reservoir Engineering and Economic evaluation of Hibernia Field for Reserves Evaluation
• Due diligence, M&A support for Western Canadian assets
Affiliations and Accreditation
M.Eng. Heriot Watt University - Petroleum Engineering
BSc Nottingham University - Chemical Engineering
N422: Reservoir Engineering for Non-Engineers
N997: Applied Reservoir Engineering
Our Safety Management Systems ensure that every course is risk managed appropriately to enable quality, safe and enjoyable learning to take place in the field environment.
To learn more about how RPS manages your health and safety, visit the HSE section of this site.